AWOOGA

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thailand DONE



Whilst sat here in a internet cafe in Melbourne surrounded by Koreans screeching at some ridiculously nerdy computer game, I thought I should really do a reflective little post on all things Thailand.

This was my first time to Asia and I can safely say that I will be returning at some point. Thailand was a HUGE amount of fun. The country is so diverse that one month wasn't near enough time and literally flew by. Bangkok will live long in the memory for its smells-good and bad, friendly people, cheap street food, massive shopping centres, culture, non-stop night life. Bangkok is a city that never sleeps and never ceases to amaze. One day I will return and give it the attention it deserves. (Hopefully not as a middle aged man having a mid life crisis and looking for a Thai bride)

The beaches and Islands were also ridiculously good. It's hard to do anything better than sitting on a white beach, eating an ice cream and looking at the stunning scenery. The islands also left us with so many stories to bring up later in life. Stories of near death experiences, full moon parties, monkeys, strange characters and much, much more. One day I will return to the Andaman coast and do the islands that I wasn't able to hit this time around.

Finally, in a real contrast to the other two areas of Thailand, we had the north. This was where we saw some of the more spectacular scenery and had the self proclaimed "Best Day Ever' in Pai on the mopeds. Elephants, cooking courses, chilling out with a few beers under a sky of lanterns floating off into the distance are things that I will always hold close. Soooo until we meet again Thailand, Asta La Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment