AWOOGA

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Darwin- Post 'Boys on tour'



So this was it. As we all know everything comes to an end. Arsenal’s record breaking unbeaten run, Tottenham’s pathetic losing to Arsenal every time we played them, Paul Danan’s acting career, Michael Jackson’s life. EVERYTHING ends. Much more traumatic than these was the splitting up of the boys. Our time together was over. Rob was off to Cairns briefly before flying to the States, Jon Lee back to Melbourne to work for a bit before flying to Asia (his spiritual home), Benny boy was off to Cairns as well to look for work. What about the others I hear you cry. Well I decided that I wanted to see some of the West Coast so decided I’d accompany Si and Justin Bieber to Perth.

During the few days we had in Darwin it hadn’t really occurred to me that of course there was going to be a goodbye. Standing outside the hostel and waving the boys off as they carried on their separate adventures was actually quite sad. Me and Rob had been together for around six months and shared everything. Literally everything. Though the less said about that the better! Rob is one of my best friends and we had been through a lot during our time away, including him often having to cover for my worrying lack of common sense. Those that know him will be happy to hear that the lasting image I have is of his bare arse flashed out the window of the bus taking them to the airport!

As I write this there is the possibility that I may catch Ben on the East Coast before I fly to Fiji, but messrs Lee and Weber will not be seen until I get back on English soil. I already know that the six of us will meet up back home, possibly in Norwich to get loose.

After the boys departure me, Simon and Matt enjoyed Darwin’s tropical climate (31C in Winter!), chilling out by the sea, in the park and kicking it at what wasn’t a very good hostel. We visited the free Northern Territory museum, which was ok and included a 16ft dead crocodile and some stuff about a massive cyclone that ruined Darwin in the 70's. Other than that it was just a time for us to have a few quiet beers, spend as little money as possible and recover after what had been a massive 12 days. In Darwin we also happened to bump into Eva, a German girl that had stayed at MC for a few days. This meant that I hung about with her for a bit before it was time to wave goodbye to Darwin and head to the much more temperate climate of Perth.











No comments:

Post a Comment