AWOOGA

Monday, December 7, 2009

Last day in Bangkok part 1

Waking up with stinking hangovers, we had bits and bobs to do before checking out of soi number 1 hostel and making our way across Bangkok to the underground station and then to the train station. Steve apparently tried to wake us up to say bye but we were absolutely KO'd. Hopefully, we are going to meet him when we get to Sydney.

Having barely slept, you can imagine how difficult lugging around 18kg of stuff around a sweaty city was. By the time we arrived I was pretty close to fainting having barely eaten anything. Waiting for us at the station was the prospect of a 14 hour night train to Chiang Mi.

To conclude our first little adventure in Bangkok: Looking back now, I reckon it is probably the best city I have been to in terms of how diverse, massive, fun and mental it is. I'm WELL looking forward to going back and I'm going to make sure I get lots of photos and soak up all the place has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment