AWOOGA

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Leaving the UK.

So after some typical last minute packing and goodbyes to my parents, me and Tom headed off to Heathrow to get this shit poppin'. We'd already arranged for our good friend Robbie Weber to meet us in Bangkok as we got off the plane feeling worse for wear.

We met up with my auntie, uncle and cousin Lauren who had a couple of drinks to see us on our way. Most of the discussion at this stage was about ladyboys which is probably understandable with Thailand being the first destination. My auntie and uncle had also been before so they gave us a few tips.

Rest of the time at the airport was spent having a few beers and some food then it was time for departure. Bearing in mind I had tried to walk down an elevator going up only the day before, it was a bit of a suprise that we made it onto the correct plane.

Flight was probably the best I've ever had. There was loads of films to watch so I watched large chunks of Bronson and the new transformers film and then played some games and watched Usain Bolt win the 100m. ( Most of you will know my affection for that man)

We ended up sat next to a cool Belgian bloke called Peter who again gave us a few tips on places to go and see. His worrying tendency to talk about how it would be funny if the engine fell off as we were taking off and landing did make me wonder about him though!



No comments:

Post a Comment